poem07 Mar 2016 08:48 am
- Two tickets to the opening performance of La Terrestrienne.
- A miniature sarcophagus carved from Denebian chrysoprase.
- Four silk shirts, dyed in unfamiliar colors and subtly mis-cut.
- Self-inserting unhemmed wormhole pockets (don’t match shirts).
- A velvet-lined case containing 3 uncut amethysts.
- On closer inspection, inclusions in the flawed stones wriggle.
- A lyre whose frame has bitten all who tried to grasp it.
- Books bound in scaled skin. All pages are black. Some stick together.
- An angular brass whistle bearing the image of something like a dog.
- A pamphlet explaining how to exorcise the thing like a dog,
once the whistle has summoned it. The last pages are missing
and appear to have been both burnt and chewed off.
- A sensory dodecahedron half-full of tourist vidrecordings.
In the last recording (calm sea, deck chairs, solicitous stewards)
a whistle is heard. Then there is screaming.
One Response to “Contents of a Sealed Trunk Found on an Abandoned Ship by David C. Kopaska-Merkel and F. J. Bergmann”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.